Business Portal is part of a web portal taking ERP a step ahead from the simple windows application to a nice transition as a web application. Microsoft Business Solutions Business Portal integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Business Solutions–Solomon® to deliver applications, information, and processes to employees, customers, and partners across the enterprise.
Listed below are the main capabilities.
Unlock the Potential of All Your Employees
Accelerate productivity across your business by providing employees with immediate access to business applications and to updated, accurate information so they can make better decisions faster.
Increase Availability of Information throughout Your Business
- Publish sales reports, outstanding purchase orders and budget reports online.
- Run queries to access detailed information on customers, vendors, inventory items, sales, and purchases. Modify and export queries to Microsoft Excel for further analysis or to share with others.
- Define and deliver access to personalized views of key business information using Key Performance Indicators for Microsoft Business Portal.
- Deliver role-based information to salespeople, purchasing agents, budget managers, customers, and any other role you create.
- Works out of the box with Microsoft Solomon to deliver access to data, inventory queries, purchasing reports and other information as soon as you assign access rights to your users.
Web-enabled Project Management
Deliver project financial status, task assignments, billings, invoices, time sheets expense reports, and other documents through a Web browser, reducing the time required to manage these processes and eliminating paperwork and data re-entry.
Help Deliver "At-a-Glance" access to Key Performance Indicators
With Key Performance Indicators for Microsoft Business Portal, decision makers can stay informed about key business measurements, and use graphs, charts, and tables to communicate business information.
Help Deliver Web-browser Access to Business Applications
- Access Microsoft Solomon windows via Microsoft Windows® Terminal Server.
- Create links to commonly used windows, so users can easily access the windows they use most often to do their jobs.
- Identify the tasks and information you wish to share by role.
- Add reports, queries, and tasks to each role-based page.
- Add access to external data sources and Web-delivered applications.
- Enable users to add Web parts such as stock tickers, travel updates, and weather reports to their pages.
- Customize the site with your company logo and colors.
Expand the Uses for Your Portal
Provide access to information stored in other systems and Web-delivered applications, and use the role-based framework to deliver the right information to the right people.
Enable Employees to Complete Common Tasks More Efficiently
- Help deliver out-of-the-box access to Microsoft Solomon data and processes, helping to reduce the number of "ad hoc" reporting requests.
- Help deliver access to Web-based applications such as time and expense entry, and requisitions.
- Workflow management improves efficiency for routine processes such as timecard and expense report approval.
- Browser-based delivery eliminates the need to load and update applications on each desktop computer.
- Rapid user setup allows for mass entry of users by matching them to their corresponding Employee ID.
Reduce Information Support Costs
By opening the flow of useful business information to your employees, you can reduce the endless stream of requests for custom reports and the countless calls for simple business facts. Free your IT, accounting, and support resources to help drive your business forward.