The Microsoft Dynamics NAV SharePoint client enables users to interact with Microsoft Dynamics NAV data from a Microsoft SharePoint website. End users can work with Microsoft Dynamics NAV data in a familiar SharePoint environment
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client gives users access to Microsoft Dynamics NAV data over a network, such as the Internet. From a web browser, users can view and modify data from a user-friendly interface that resembles the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client
Why do we need these new Clients?
- To make our ERP accessible from anywhere i.e. through non windows applications
- To compete in the ERP Markets
- Expecting Lower Implementation costs, raise quality, provide more value and less user training
- Provide the NAV functionality outside the company (to customers, "web access" instead of VPN)
A Detail Look Web Client
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client does not replace the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client but complements it by enabling scenarios that are not possible with the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client. Also administering in NAV web client does not involve separate user accounts for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client. The permissions that are granted to a specific user account apply to all RoleTailored clients.
- One click to access NAV
- No distracting navigation (No Departments, Page search, Navigate Page)
- No "Complications"
- Users cannot change the language, company or work date
- No special training required, no shortcuts to know
- Use web clients for focused tasks for non-ERP users
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV SharePoint client is built on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Portal Framework for Microsoft SharePoint 2010, which is a web-based application framework that integrates Microsoft Dynamics NAV with Microsoft SharePoint applications. The Microsoft Dynamics NAV SharePoint client is designed for occasional users who typically need an overview of their daily work status and perform relatively simple or light data entry.
NAV Portal Framework (Integration with SharePoint)
- NAV web parts to connect to other share point parts
- Share point authentication and scalability
- Share point Themes and style sheets
- Share point environment (time zones , regional settings)
- No menu suite navigation is possible in SP client
By integrating with SharePoint, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV SharePoint client lets you take advantage of the business productivity and administration benefits in Microsoft SharePoint, including
- Business connectivity services,
- SharePoint authentication,