We have seen many customers using alphabets in their GL account numbers according to their business. The complaints from the customers are not able to view full account number anywhere in Dynamics GP.
Example: GL account number MAN-0001-01 will be displayed as in the below screenshot.
The default account segment width is not enough to display some alphabet characters.
To increase the display width for the account segments which contains alphabets, follow the below steps.
1. In GP, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP --> Tools --> Setup --> Company --> Account Format.
2. In the Account Format Setup window, change the display width using Display Width drop-down for the corresponding account segments. The default Display Width is Standard for all the account segments.
The following guideline is to determine the most appropriate display width for the account segments.
- Standard - 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, F, I, J, L, T, and Z
- Expansion 1 - A, B, E, K, P, S, V, X, and Y
- Expansion 2 - C, D, G, H, M, N, O, Q, R and U
- Expansion 3 – W
After changing the display width, users can view full account number in Dynamics GP.
Hope this helps!!!